The two-toed people otherwise known as the Ostrich-footed people are a minority group among the people of Vadoma, who lives in the Northern region of Zimbabwe.
They are distinguished by the shape of their feet, which resembles that of an ostrich. They have just two big toes and no middle toes like an ostrich.
Here are some facts you may not know about the Ostrich-footed people
1. Their condition is known as “ectrodactyly”, a skeletal deficiency in which the three middle toes are absent.
2. Inability to Run/wear shoes: Among the people of Vadoma, the two-toed people are distinguished by their inability to wear shoes and run due to the condition of their foot.
3. Their condition is hereditary: According to Zambianobserver.com, “the elders of the Vadoma people claim that their remote ancestors were bird like beings who came from the stars and mixed their DNA with early earth women to produce offspring. The elders state that their ancient ancestors came from the star systems of Sirius and first established colonies on a planet within our solar system that they refer to as Liitolafisi.”
4. They are not handicapped: the Ostrich-footed people are not handicapped, they have the ability to Climb trees, their condition makes it easy for them to climb trees and do other activities.
5. Members of the group cannot marry
outside the group: The law of the land forbids the people from marrying a foreign person. This has enhanced the development and maintenance of ectrodytyly in the group.
I hope you found this piece informative, you may click here to read more revealing facts about the people of Vadoma.
Don’t forget to share with friends and family. Your reaction is highly welcomed.