Are you 40 years and above or you have elderly persons in this age grade? 40 years is generally considered as the end of the youth stage, hence, it comes with some changes. Which therefore requires special medical attention.
Here are some important health tips you need to keep yourself or your elderly persons fit throughout this stage.
1. Don’t Stop these following medical check-ups:
a. blood pressure level: This would help you prevent an ailment such as hypertension, heart attacks, stroke and many more.
b. blood sugar level : with the study and management of your sugar level, you are one stop close to controlling diabetes, stroke etc.
c. triglycerides level: Triglycerides are the calories your body does not need at the moment of conversion. They are stored in your fat cells till they are required for energy between meals.
d.cholesterol level: Checking your cholesterol level helps in preventing health crises such as heart attacks and stroke that can be caused by high cholesterol.
e. Uric acid levels: Also, it is important to check your uric acid levels in order to know when to manage it. This would help control diseases such as kidney stones.
2. Avoid the intake of excess salt and seasoning, sugar, bleached flour, dairy products, and processed products.
3. Do not wait until you are thirsty to drink water;
4. Do not deprive yourself of sound sleep and rest; and
5. Do not stop visiting the hospital for a medical check-up, even if you are not sick.
Remember your health is your wealth, make it your priority and do not overwhelm yourself with too much stress and worries.