Cheating is an act of giving what is supposed to be committed to a particular person to another person or other persons.
Cheating doesn’t have to mean your partner is having sex with another person, if his commitment in communication, emotion, love and other factors that makes up a relationship between two people is shared with a third party, it can be termed “cheating”.
You may be wondering if your boyfriend is being faithful to you. Maybe because he is treating you differently, spending less time with you, being super secretive, or not putting effort into the relationship.
However, it is best to examine his behavior, ask him questions, and look for evidence before you accuse him of cheating.
Here are 5 signs that indicates your man is cheating
1. Determine if he is overly protective of his phone: If your boyfriend is cheating, he will become overly protective of his phone and computer. Does he get upset if you touch his phone or computer?. There are some questions you normally ask that he would begin to give funny answers like:
- If you ask “Who was that calling/texting you?” he may say, “nobody,” or “don’t worry about it.”
- Does he delete text message threads or Facebook messages before he lets you use his phone?
- Does he run to answer the phone before you can see who is calling?
2. Pay attention to his normal routine: If your boyfriend is cheating, he has to make time for this other person in his schedule and change his routine. You probably know his usual schedule. If he starts hanging out with his guy friends more, studying late, or working late nights, he may be cheating. Your boyfriend will begin to choose all of these activities over spending time with you. You will no longer be a priority.
3. Notice if he becomes more secretive: Does your boyfriend close the door when you are around? Does he take his phone calls in another room? If your partner is cheating, he will begin to distance himself from you.
Look for secrecy in any area of his life. Has he started hanging out with people that you don’t know? If you ask him about where he is going or how his day was, does he only give a short answer with no details?
4. Notice if he has become less affectionate: If your boyfriend is cheating, he may become less affectionate. Does he no longer want to hold hands, cuddle, kiss, or have sex? Is he no longer interested in the physical aspect of your relationship?
NOTE: Keep in mind that your boyfriend could be less affectionate due to stress or health issues. Take into account the other signs before you decide that he is less affectionate.
5. Look for any behavior that is out of the ordinary: Your boyfriend may begin to change his behavior because he feels guilty about cheating. These behaviors can be positive or negative. Typical changes include: – Buying gifts for no reason.
- Going out of his way to be helpful and caring.
- Picking fights with you.
- more moody.
- Smelling differently (e.g. another person’s perfume or cologne)
- Paying extra attention to his appearance (e.g. clothing, new haircut, going to the gym)
- Lying about things that are both big and small.
- Saying different phrases that he usually would not.
- Keep in mind that cheating is not the only explanation for unusual behavior.
Culled from wikiHow