Following the end of service of Adam Nuru as the Managing Director of the First City Monument Bank (FCMB), Yemisi Edun takes charge of the affairs of the firm.
Here are some things to know about Yemisi Edun.
- The newly appointed MD is the first female to head the FCMB. She served as the Executive Director/Chief Financial Officer and acting MD of the from January 2021 after the former MD, Adam Nuru, went on a leave over a paternity scandal.
- She started a career in the financial realm with Akintola Williams Deloitte in 1987 where she majored in Corporate Finance Activities.
- Yemi joined FCMB in 2000 as Divisional Head of Internal Audit and Control before assuming the role of Chief Financial Officer of the Bank.
- During her undergraduate studies in the University of Ife, Ile-Ife, Osun State, she studied a course not related to finance ‘Chemistry.’ However, she took an MSC degree in International Accounting and Finance from the University of Liverpool, United Kingdom.
- She is a member of the Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers; Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria and a Certified Financial Analyst, CFA®️ Charter holder. She is also an Associate Member of the Institute of Taxation of Nigeria; a Member of Information Systems Audit and Control, U.S.A; and a Certified Information Systems Auditor.