Remember the days of tearing the petals off a flower and chanting, “He loves me, he loves me not?” Well, thankfully, there are other ways that you can tell if someone likes you. Using the power of body language, you can read almost anyone.
There’s a chance that you like this person, and you want to see if they like you in return. First, always trust your gut instinct as it’s there for a reason.
Sadly, many people overthink the situation, and you shouldn’t spend time counting how many times he or she looked your way in an evening.
Note that some of these signals are obvious while some quite subtle.
Here are 8 body-language cues that suggest sexual interest.
1. Prolonged Eye Gaze. Holding another’s eye gaze a bit longer than usual is a sign of interest. Mutual eye gaze—looking into each other’s eyes can be arousing, so we usually hold it briefly. Prolonged gaze suggests that there is attraction and a desire to connect.
2. Open Body Position. Sitting directly facing the other person, leaning forward, eyes wide open, with open arm positions (not using crossed arms as a “barrier,” for example), suggests that a person wants to become more intimate. These are sometimes called cues of “immediacy.”
3. Lip Licking. When sexually attracted to someone, tongues can become more active, and more frequent moistening of the lips can occur. This slow lip-licking can be an intentional and obvious flirtation cue.
4. Finger to Lips/Breast Brush. Even more obvious cues that someone is flirting with you involve specific self-touching cues, such as gentle touching or brushing of the lips and/or breast.
5. “Accidental” Touch. Sitting together so that legs touch slightly, or allowing one’s hand to brush up against, or rest upon another’s body are seduction cues.
6. Smiling More Than Usual. Although we smile frequently when interacting with other individuals that we like, when sexually attracted to someone, the rate of smiling tends to increase. In addition, there tends to be more open-mouth smiling when someone is sexually interested.
7. Vigorous Head Nodding in Agreement. When conversing, nodding in agreement—a lot—is a subtle cue that someone is interested in you. Making the interaction as positive as possible is a seduction goal.
8. Prolonged Body Glances. On the more obvious end, prolonged glances at another’s body—scanning and “sizing up” the other person—is a definite sign of interest.
Culled from Psychology today
Read Also: 6 Ways To Improve Your Body Language Skill