Lagosians now have new guidelines for attending and organising social gatherings in the state during this festive season.
These guidelines were issued in a statement by the Lagos governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu. According to the Governor, the fresh guidelines are set in a bid to combat the fourth wave of COVID-19 currently being experienced in the state.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: (Video) Ojodu Accident: Policemen Shoot Into School After Students Protest Deaths
Below are the newly issued COVID-19 guidelines for Lagos state:
- Organisers of events must ensure that the gathering is registered and Event Safety Clearance is obtained. This can be easily done on the Lagos State Safety Commission website.
- At no time should occupancy exceed 60% of the event venue’s maximum design capacity.
- Attendees of social gatherings are required to present their vaccination cards or digital bar code page. The cards must indicate a minimum of one dose, but ideally two doses.
- In unvaccinated people, a negative PCR within 72 hours will be an exemption.
- Organisers of events must ensure that all attendees, regardless of vaccination status, also take a Rapid Diagnostic Test (Antigen). These tests should be conducted at the event venue or within 24 hours before the event at a designated laboratory. Request for rapid tests at the venue requires an application through the Safety Commission.
- Under 18 years of age are unvaccinated and the above applies.
- Attendees and organisers of events alike must have a temperature of not more than 37.5. Anyone with a high temperature must be withdrawn and checked by paramedics or the emergency response team.
- A nose mask or face shield must be used before entry into the event venue and hands must be washed. Hand sanitisers should also be made available at the venue.