*As FCTA Restricts Eid Service to Central Mosques
The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Malam Muhammad Musa Bello, has declared no Eid-ul-Fitr prayer service in FCT.
This was contained in a statement by the Chief Press Secretary to the minister, Anthony Ogunleye on Tuesday.
According to the statement, the decision was taken at a meeting held between the Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) and a delegation from the FCT League of Imams.
The meeting agenda was to discuss the modalities of holding prayers for the Eid-ul-Fitr celebrations in line with the COVID-19 safety protocols.
After presentations by officials of the Health and Human Services Secretariat of the FCTA and the Implementation Guidelines for Phased Restriction of Movement issued by the Presidential Steering Committee on COVID-19 on Monday, 10th May 2021, the following guidelines are hereby issued:
1) There will be no Eid prayers at the National Eid prayer ground along the Umaru Musa Yar’adua Expressway (Airport Road).
2) All worshippers are enjoined to hold Eid prayers outdoors within the premises of their neighborhood Juma’at mosques.
3) Indoor worship is to be limited to less than 50% of installed capacity.
4) Religious authorities are advised to regulate the flow of people entering and exiting places of worship.
5) All non-pharmaceutical intervention protocols of facial coverings, physical distancing and hand washing are to be observed
6) All other Eid celebrations and activities should be confined to homes as all public parks, recreation and entertainment centers are to be closed