The Federal Executive Council (FEC) has approved a 20 percent salary raise for Nigerian police officers.
Minister of Police Affairs, Maigari Dingyadi, said this decision was reached at the council’s meeting presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari at the presidential villa in Abuja.
The increase will take effect from January 2022.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Fed Govt Denies Plans To Owe Civil Servants Salaries
- Police recruits will now earn N12, 128 as against N10,115 monthly,
- A Police Constable II will now earn N50,400 as against N42,000;
- Constable I will now earn N52,797.6 as against N43,998;
- Corporal will now earn N54,884 against N45,737;
- Sergeant will now earn N60,640.8 against N50,534;
- Sergeant Major will now earn N76790.4 as against N63,992;
- Inspector II/cadet Inspector will now earn 104,400 as against N87,000
- Inspector will now earn N156205.2 as against N130,171