BY: Ayomide Arowobusoye
No sooner had the “Stingy men association, SMAN” hit the internet, than Nigerian men started showing interest. The hashtag #stingymenassociation, #smanofficial, #sman have sat on the Nigerian twitter trend table the for two days straight. Some have been wondering what the newest trend stands for. Well, here is all you need to know.
What is the Stingy Men Association?
Contrary to the belief of many, SMAN didn’t begin in Nigeria. It is a social media trend that started in Zambia. It is a trend that saw Zambia men pledging to stop (or reduce) the amount they spend on their girlfriends, sidechicks, and women generally.
Well, this trend has found its way into Nigeria, and not surprisingly, to the twitter trend table.
Nigerian social media users are catching enough fun and ‘cruise’ with the newest trend.
The association’s motto is “I will see what I can do” and logo shows a fist showing solidarity for their cause, with the slogan; “Don’t give shishi” which translates to, don’t give anything.
This explains the objective clearly stated in the registration form which is to uphold the dignity of the association by not giving money or allowing any means of financial exploitation by females.
See some of the Nigerian celebrities that have officially become members of SMAN below;
- Popular music producer, Don Jazzy was the first male celebrity to identify with the association through a tweet.
2. Following closely is Nigeria Musician, Paul Okoye AKA RudeBoy of the defunct Psquare.
3. Popular singer and MTN project fame winner, Praiz wasn’t left out
4. Nigerian Disc Jockey, Dj Neptune as also pledged his allegiance as the official Dj of the association.
5. Another new member is Temi Otedola’s boyfriend and afrobeat musician, Mr. Eazi.