There’s something about grooving to the sound of music that seems to take all of our cares away. Maybe it’s the rhythm of your favorite tunes or the heart-pumping workout that gets you up and off the couch. Or perhaps it’s the challenge of mastering the more complicated moves that brings you so much joy.
Dancing which is an act of moving your body to a rhythm can be so intriguing because it not only brings joy, it has a way of affecting the physical, mental, and emotional health of the dancer, regardless of your reason for dancing, you can be sure to be engaging it’s endless benefits.
Here are few of the benefits of Dancing:
1. Improves cardiovascular health: Dance is a form of exercise, so the physical benefits of dancing will be similar to that of other cardio activities. So therefore all styles of dance make for great cardio workouts since your heart rate gets challenged from executing the different moves.
2. Improves balance and strength: One of the reasons dance is such a great form of physical fitness is because it incorporates movements on all planes of motion and from all directions.This type of movement not only increases strength, it also improves balance.
3. Boosts cognitive performance: Unlike other forms of exercise, dance has an additional benefit of improving balance through rhythm and music. Dancing can maintain and even boost your ability to think as you age.
4. Challenges your brain: This is an excellent form of mental exercise for your mind, regardless of your age. A researcher, Tylicki has pointed out that the brain power you need to access for dance, specifically, requires you to focus on both the constant changing of movement and recalling moves and patterns as this helps your mental health. If you’ve ever tried tap dancing, then you know exactly what we mean by dance challenging your brain.
5. Can Help boost your mood: No matter how depressed you are, when you engage in a dance, you become lightened. So next time you are having mood swing, why not try dancing.
6. It Can help Build Your Self Esteem: Looking at yourself in the mirror while dancing, can help improve self-love. It produces a particular type of joy that spurs up self confidence. Dancing makes you happy and in turn make you fall in love with yourself.
Dancing as a whole is therapeutic, as it is one of the items recommended for depressed persons. I know that alot is going on in the world right now, but I encourage you to incorporate dancing even if it’s for 10 minutes everyday.
Dancing for 10 minutes daily would help reduce worry, stress and also make you happy by making you to see the brighter side of life, thereby making you live longer.
Curled from Healthline