Tea is an aromatic beverage commonly prepared by pouring hot or boiling water over milk and or processed Cocoa or Lipton. It can also be hot water poured over cured or fresh leaves of the Camellia sinensis, an evergreen shrub native to East Asia.
After water, tea is the most widely consumed drink in the world. There are many different types of tea; some, like Darjeeling and Chinese greens, have a cooling, slightly bitter, and astringent flavour, while others have vastly different profiles that include sweet, nutty, floral, or grassy notes.
Tea has a stimulating effect in humans primarily by its caffeine content.More than that, research has proven that tea brings exceptional health benefits.
What exactly are the benefits of drinking tea every day?
Here are 6 benefits of drinking tea:
1. A DELICIOUS WAY TO RELIEVE STRESS: Tea contains an amino acid called L-theanine that has a soothing and relaxing effect on the mind. One study found that black tea helped bring down cortisol levels in stressed patients by as much as 47%.
Tea doesn’t induce drowsiness since it has caffeine. So, if you’re looking to lower your stress levels while still staying alert, reach out for a cup of tea. The act itself of tea making can already be therapeutic.
2. BOOSTS BRAIN FUNCTION: Drinking green tea in the morning, or any other tea for that matter can help make you smarter. This amazing benefit comes from the mix of L-theanine and caffeine in tea.
Caffeine helps increase the levels of dopamine in the body. L-theanine has the same effect, plus it triggers the brain to produce more alpha waves. The combination of these effects helps boost brain function, particularly memory and focus.
3. HELPS PROTECT AGAINST CANCER: Another of the benefits of drinking tea in the morning, be it black or green tea, is a reduced cancer risk. This is again due to the teas’ polyphenol or antioxidant content.
A study of green tea, in particular, found that it may help keep esophageal and lung cancers at bay. Moreover, green tea has shown to have an inhibiting effect on the development of some types of tumors.
4. MAY HELP KEEP YOUR WEIGHT IN CHECK: Look at the ingredient list of fat burning supplements, and chances are, you’ll see green tea in it.One reason is that studies have found this type of tea to raise the body’s metabolic rate. At the same time, it enhances the body’s fat-burning abilities.
White tea has also shown promise on the weight loss area. Researchers say that white tea may help stop the development of new fat cells. Moreover, white tea’s active ingredients appear to “mobilize” mature fat cells.
In layman’s terms, this means that tea may help complement your weight loss goals. Of course, you still need to eat healthy all day and remain active to stay fit and keep your weight in check.
5. MAY HELP PREVENT MEMORY PROBLEMS: The bioactive compounds in tea may help prevent your memory from diminishing. The plants’ active ingredients have shown to prevent the development of Alzheimer’s disease. It may also help reduce your risks of Parkinson’s disease.
6. AN ALL-NATURAL ANTIBIOTIC: Teas are also full of catechins, another type of disease-fighting antioxidant. These may help hinder bacterial growth, which can then lower your risk of infections.
Curled from Cupitol