By Waliu Adeyeri
Have you been using lots of energy? Do not fret whenever you receive your monthly electricity bill, or when your electricity is gulping your hard earned money.
Remember my advice in my previous content, fish out the gadgets in your home that are consuming much energy.
Having identified the appliances that consume your electricity the most, here is what to do to prevent yourself from further loss to high energy consumption.
- Switch off your refrigerator when empty and not in use.
- Aboid putting hot or warm food in the fridge/freezer.
- Defrost your freezer regularly to keep it running efficiently.
- Minimise the use of air conditioners where possible most especially when you are/will be out for more than 15 minutes.
- When using heating appliances always use with functional thermostats.
- When Pressing your clothes, press your clothing in Iron clothing in bulk and always set the right temperature for the clothing material.
- Use electric kettle to boil water instead of electric cooker.
- Do not leave water heaters on for too long.
- Cook more with Natural Gas
With these at heart you are one step to saving your money from the burden of electricity overcharging.