National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) has called on Lagosians to ignored a viral video on the social media about a fire incident which occurred in Maryland Lagos adding that the incidence happened last night and has been attended to by both state and federal emergency responders
READ ALSO: Oil pipeline vandalism: Civil Defence Corp impounds 7,600 litres of fuel
Making this known in a statement, NEMA Lagos Territorial Office Coordinator, Ibrahim Farinloye though the impact of the fire incident affected a high tension cable which caused sparkling and spread to Underbridge street light in the axis but normalcy had been restored.
He said: “The public is hereby assured that the viral video of the fire incidence going round this morning actually occurred yesterday night and was handled immediately.
“The traffic flow was clear and going on smoothly since yesterday.
“It is surprising to see a distress alert on the same fire incidence.
“The Ikeja Electric Distribution Company IKEDC, had been contacted to rectify the issue.
“A high tension cable fell on the ground and caused sparkling and spread to Underbridge Street light. There is no cause for alarm since yesterday.”
Leave a Reply