Featured image by Pixabay from Pexels
Yuletide is drawing near, It is possible you have started considering toys and other gift items to buy to keep your child(ren) company during the holiday. I am afraid you have not studied critically some of the gifts to know it could impact your child(ren) and how you are being portrayed.
It is understandable that the reason some parents buy toys for their wards is to keep them busy and avoid disturbing the peace you have always enjoyed when they are in school. Some parents just buy these gifts to make the children excited and feel loved.
But, did you sift through the gift items you buy for your child(ren)? Did you know that some of the gift items you buy should never be found on your list of gift. Check out some of these gift items you must not buy your children:
- Combat Toys: You do not want your child to be combative, you do not want your child to nurture combat skills and begin to pose trouble to his/her folks. Toy guns, sword, knife should be erased from your list of gifts.
- Combat Games: Closely related to combat toys are the combat games you by your children. Your child does not only play the games, he also gathers knowledge while playing the game; fighting skills and a combative attitude to to the environment. Most especially, when you child starts choosing the role of a robber in a ”cop vs armed robber play” among his/her folks, you should begin to worry that your ward is nurturing the wrong ideology.
- Clothes with Obscenity: Exposing your child(ren) to obscenity, vulgarity, racism or gender bias must be avoided at all cost. Your kids are in a stage of filling their tabular rasa with all they learn from you and their environment. Would you like your child to say ‘I’m a Thug,” “Black over White,” etc. Don’t buy your child that beautiful looking cloth with obscene and inscriptions. Photo by Erik Mclean from Pexels
This list is unlimited, what matters most is that you sift through your list, gift your child(ren) the best and memorable present that will help them socially, academically, and psychologically. Check out some of the gifts below:
- Toy Ride: You build your child self esteem, build his/her hope to be great in the nearest future. Rides such as bicycle, cars, bikes, etc. are lovely toy rides that would make your children acquianted with some of the beauty of life.
- Books: You can take your child round the world while in your room. This kind of gift does not only expose your child(ren) academically, it’s improves their socio-cultural exposure.
- Profession Toys: Start moulding your child’s future at tender age, study their activities, their interests and hubbies to know the kind of profession that suit. Getting your child a profession kit such as doctor, engineering, law toys are not bad ideas.
- Immaterial gifts: Joshua Becker identified 35 immaterial gifts your children will never forget. Some of these gifts include:
Generosity: Teach your child to be generous. Make your child understand that the best gift to gift another is generousity.
Hugs and Kisses: Hugs and kisses are sign of affection and encouragement to your child(ren). This gift is not only meant for babies or toddlers.
Your Lap: You have bought your child a book, your lap is the flight that takes the child to the places he reads about. Your lap should be the table in his library.
Spirituality: Gift your child this, don’t just make them church/mosque goers. Impart in them the way to believe in the Divine for what seems impossible.
Attention: Holidays are beautiful opportunities every parent needs to look out for, it is a moment your child(ren) get to spend more time with you. At this period, your undevoted attention is what they need, never deprive them of this gift.
Self-Esteem: If your child is faced with array of competitors in his school, the home should be a place to rekindle his Self-Esteem.
Now that you are aware of the type of gift items your child deserves. Remember, to cut your coat according to your cloth.
Let me be the first to wish you compliment of the season in advance.
READ ALSO; Don’t Brag; You are Just ‘ATM’ on her CL