The following are the major takeaway from the just concluded 10 minutes speech of President Muhammadu Buhari.
- The government has accepted the concerns and agitations of Nigerians. He stated that the voices of the youths have been heard loud and clear. In addition, he appealed to protesters to take advantage of the government initiatives and avoid being used to perpetrate evil.
- Buhari appealed to Nigerians to desist from spreading false information. He noted that the social media was used to spread of intentional falsehood and misinformation. He added that this was do deliberately to mislead and facilitate unfair judgement and disruptive behavior.
- The President affirmed that his administration is the first to methodically and seriously approach poverty-alleviation especially since the government has created a broad plan to lift 100 million Nigerians out of poverty in the next 10 years, effected the payment of 3-month salaries of 100,000 MSMEs, effected the payment of 250,000 businesses with CAC, provided 30,000 to 100,000 to artisans, and guaranteed market for product for traders
- A new salary structure of members of Nigerian Police Force and teachers has been created
- Buhari also appealed to the International community, organizations and unions to do proper investigation and fact-finding before rushing to judgement and hasty decisions.
- The President stated that the promptness which the government attended to the demands of the youths were taken for granted and as a sign of weakness.
- The government will not tolerate lawlessness.