– Report shows he’s largest Private Contributor to education in Nigeria
A recent study of the Dangote Group’s contributions to education in Nigeria has revealed how the firm has pumped N10 billion into the Nigeria Education Sector.
A recent report seen by newsmen revealed that the group is the largest firm after the government that is contributing hugely to the education sector in Nigeria.
Some Key Contributions of Dangote Group to Education in Nigeria
Below is a list of some of the contributions of Dangote Group to the educational sector in Nigeria.
(1) Training of over one thousand (1,000) students engineer at the Dangote Academy, many of which have been employed in the various subsidiaries of the Dangote group.
(2) Construction of N1.2 billion for the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria.
(3) Donation of N1.2 billion Business School to Bayero University Kano.
(4) Construction of N500 million worth of dormitories and power supply facilities for the University of Science and Technology, Wudil, Kano State.
(5) Construction of N300 million Aliko Dangote Business Complex for the University of Ibadan Business School.
(6) Donation of N50 million to Ogun State based Crescent University, for infrastructural development.
(7) Donation of N120 million for the construction of school blocks at Nawair-ud-deen Comprehensive College, Idi-Oro, Mushin, Lagos.
(8) Donation of N200 million to Katsina State University.
(9) The Group also gave N118 million for a squash complex project at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka main campus.
(10) Donation of N50 million to the University of Port Harcourt.