Nigerians desperately seeking rental accommodation have been warned to stay clear of an apartment in the Medina area of Gbagada, Lagos State.
This is because landlord waits for the tenant to spend huge amounts of naira to renovate the apartment and six months thereafter issues quit notice so as to rent out the renovated apartment at double the initial rent.
The latest victim of the landlord is Fola Stag, a commercial food and portrait photographer. Narrating his ordeal on his twitter handle, he said: “I went through one of the worst experiences of my life between August 2022 and January 2023.
After moving into a new space in February 2022, spending millions to renovate and set up the space.
“The Landlord issued a quit notice exactly 6 months after, claiming his family was coming back from the US so they’ll need the space.
Bruhhhh, I was so devastated cos I thought I had seen my “home/perfect workspace”
Fast forward to after moving out, the bastard is listing the house for twice the price I paid.
“Apparently landlord sends out tenants exactly 6 months after moving in, he threatened me a couple of times with weapons, he is a stalker, enters the roof at random times to peep at tenants, he harassed my visitors countless times, he started looking for ways to frustrate me, started sending cryptic messages to my family and friends, randomly walks naked around the house during the day”
“My mental health was in shambles, I woke up many days with serious anxiety and panic attacks… Cos amidst all of that I still had to keep my business running, maintain a good home and push out content.”
- Why FG borrowed N2.13trn in 2mths- DMO
- INSPIRING! How My Family Survived Poverty through the Power of Self Education, frugality-Author of “Becoming a Nigerian: A Guide”
- How businessman moved from nothing to having over N60 million
- EXCLUSIVE! 5 Locations for Quality Children’s Clothes at Good Price in Lagos
- How to earn 10% interest on your Small Savings
- How To Keep Your Business Running After Working Hours
- Why Marriage Helps People Generate More Wealth
- How I turned my “small” travel blog to a 6-figure business-Female Blogpreneur
- 10 Lucrative Side Hustles to Support your Business
- I can get every man I set my eyes on – Lady Reveals
- The Knock that Prevented Our Wedding Night Experience from Happening – New Bride Reveals
- 5 Best Sex Positions to Build Up Intimacy with your Partner
Leave a Reply