The U.S. Mission has announced the extension and expansion of its nonimmigrant visa renewal for applicants in Nigeria. New application procedures will begin in February at the American consulate in Lagos and then extend soon afterward to the American Embassy in Abuja.
It was further disclosed that only a limited number of qualified applicants will be able to apply using the new procedures at first.
CLICK HERE TO Advertise For As Low As N2000 In The News Beam
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: BINANCE: Here’s Why Over 280 Nigerian Crypto Accounts Were Restricted
You can only apply if:
- Your previous visa was issued in Nigeria.
- Your previous visa is in the same classification as your current application.
- Your previous visa was a full validity, multiple entry visa.You have all your passports covering the entire period since receiving the previous visa and the passport with the most recent visa.
- You have never been arrested or convicted of any crime or offense in the United States, even if you later received a waiver or pardon.
- You have never worked without authorization or remained beyond your permitted time in the United States.
- Your previous visa expired within the last 24 months or will expire in the next 3months from the date of application.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Hoodlums Attack, Burn Down Parts Of Olusegun Obasanjo’s Farm
If you qualify, then you can go ahead with the following steps:
- Before applying to renew your visa, you will need to pay the visa fee online or in cash at a GTBank branch.
- Then, log on to https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng to begin your application.
- Sign in with the same information you used to make a visa appointment or create a profile last time.
- Select Nonimmigrant Visa Application, New Application/Schedule Appointment, and Visa Renewal Without Interview
- Now you should put your information in including that of any family members that might be applying (Each applicant must individually meet the criteria; minors can apply without an interview only if they meet the eligibility criteria on their own.) • Answer a series of questions to determine eligibility for the program.
- Schedule an appointment to submit your documents to the U.S. Consulate in Lagos (for February appointments) or the U.S. Embassy in Abuja (starting in March).
- The required documents should be gathered and presented at your appointment time which would be in your appointment letter.
- If your application is approved, DHL will return your passport along with your visa, or with a letter telling you how to proceed to complete your application.
- You can visit https://ng.usembassy.gov/visas/nonimmigrant-visas/ for more information
- Only one member of the family unit needs to submit the application documents in person
- Children are not required to come drop-off in person
- It may take up to two months for the process to be completed.
Leave a Reply