The Nigeria Police Force has been one of the armed forces fraudsters and criminals easily impersonate.
The reason I believe this, is because the force is the closest to the people. Hence, impostors find it easy to relate with innocent civilians, bully them, defraud and unleash all sorts of attrocities on the victims in a police uniform or other means of identity.
Here are some important things you should look out for whenever you come across a police officer.
- Six-digit Number Tag: a real policeman must have six-digit number tag on his shirt. Any person who has digits less/more than six is a fake officer.
- Number tag on female officers starts with zero ‘0’, any male officer with number beginning with ‘0’ is fake.
- Embroidered Name Tag: All police officer’s name tag are woven to their shirts, no more removable name tags.
- Police SPY (Supernumerary) have unique number tag: A SPY (supernumerary) police personnel has the word “SPY” on the shoulder of their uniforms with either three (3) or four (4) digits boldly written on their uniforms.
- Be Cautious! At night always roll up your windows in traffic, central lock your doors, be very sure they are true policemen, if they are not, be strong to speed off or hit them, NEVER Get FRIGHTENED!
I have just helped you to know more about how to be security conscious, you too can educate your friends or family by sharing this content. Remember, stay safe and be vigilant!