You can prevent your SIM from being barred by following the steps highlighted below.
Recall that Federal Government has ordered the deactivation of all lines that are not linked with the NIN by December 30, 2020.
Mobile networks such as MTN, Airtel, Glo, and 9mobile have configured mediums to ease the update process.
Here is how to save your line from being blocked.
For MTN Subscribers
All MTN subscribers should follow this step to link their NIN with their lines.
- Dial *785# or send *785*NIN#
- You can also use myMTNApp to update your SIM card
- Follow the steps that follows
- Wait for a confirmatory message from the network
For Airtel Subscribers
All Airtel subscribers should follow this step to link their NIN with their lines.
- Dial *121*1#
- Type your NIN in the space provided
- Await a confirmatory message
For Glo subscribers
- Send “UpdateNIN NIN FIRST NAME LAST NAME” to 109 e.g. UpdateNIN 12345678900 Roland Adamu
- Subscribers can also visit www.gloworld.com.ng/nin to link
For 9mobile subscribers
Expect us at TheNewsBeam to keep you updated on any development.
You can also visit NIMC website to know the enrollment centre close to you.
Was this helpful? Share with your friends; save their lines from being deactivated.