Many people conceptualise businesses but only few actualise them due to fear. Interestingly, It’s normal to be faced with fear whenever you make a move to convert your business idea into reality. It’s normal to ask yourself the following questions out of fear:
- Will this work?
- What if it doesn’t work out?
- How do I start?
- Who will believe in this?
- Isn’t this too big to achieve?
- Where and when do I start?
All of these and several questions are bound to come to mind the moment you set forth to birth your idea to reality. They are symptoms of fear.
What do you do at this moment?
1. Be Optimistic: Start with your mindset, believe that if it won’t work out it won’t come to mind. Believe that you are the only one hindering the birth of the idea. It’s not bad to be afraid of failing, but you must expect failure and see it as a lesson not hindrance.
2. Begin the Process by Acquiring Knowledge: Make research on the industry you want to venture into, as study publications about the business. This will keep you updated on the business trend. You may be afraid to start a business because you are new to the industry. By reading about the business, you tend to know more about it and your fear begins to subside.
Also, you must feed your mind with entrepreneurial knowledge. Learn from great achievers in the entrepreneur realm.
3. Network: You cannot do it alone! You need to relate with like-minded people who could help you throughout this stage. Think critically of the person you could trust with your idea and would be helpful in the actualisation of your dream business.
Also, get yourself a mentor, a mentor is anyone who guides your steps and helps you actualise your dream by giving you viable advice.
4. Write it out! An idea is like a fog in the mind, the moment you write it, it starts forming like a butterfly in its pupa stage. You need to write out your idea and plan before you set out to work. Write out why you want to start the business, your plan and strategy to hit your target customers.
5. Just Start It: Either you are afraid or not, JUST START IT! There is no better time to start than now – when fear is looking you in the face – face it! Start It! Achieve it! If you fail, retrace your steps, learn your lesson then move on.
Share if you love this content.
Feature Photo by Inzmam Khan from Pexels