The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has announced the steps needed for the online Continuous Voters Registration (CVR) exercise.
According to the commission the registration exercise would commence on Monday, June 28, 2021.
There are two phases for the CVR; the online pre registration and physical registration.
Prospective registrants are directed to go online to perform the first phase of the registration before the physical registration. Follow the steps below to carry out the voters registration exercise.
- Prospective registrants are to go online to perform a pre-registration using the URL: https://cvr.inec.gov.ng or https://cvr.inecnigeria.org
- Registrant shall first create an account on the portal using a valid email address to enable him/her to commence the pre-registration process.
- Upon creating the account, an account activation link will be sent to the email address provided during account registration.
- Click on the provided link to activate and continue with your pre registration.
- Each registrant shall fill an online form with the relevant and necessary information.
- After filling the form, the registrant shall select a convenient date and time when he would want to visit the registration centre for biometric capture to complete his/her registration.
- The registrant shall click on the submit button to complete his/her pre registration, and after a successful submission, an Application Slip containing his/her Application ID, a QR code and relevant details will be generated.
- Print your Application Slip, which contains an application number, QR Code, and other details.
- Visit an INEC registration centre on the scheduled date of appointment with the printed application slip for biometric capture.
- A Registration slip will be issued to you after the successful completion of your registration to be used to collect your Permanent Voters’ Card (PVC)