Yesterday five other states Governor joined their Edo State counterpart in imposing curfew to curb the violence triggered by the EndSARS protest.
Below is a list of the States that have ordered a 24-hour curfew:
- Edo State: following the prison break incident that was allegedly attributed to the #EndSARS protesters.
- Lagos State: Sanwoolu made the announcement after noticing that hoodlums have begun to hide under the guise of the protest to perpetrate their evil act on the society. The curfew was to take effect from 4 p.m. (but later adjusted to 9 p.m.) on Tuesday.
- Ekiti State: Kayode Fayemi also imposed a curfew in the state taken effect from 10 p.m. on Tuesday.
- Plateau State government had done same in some parts of the state; Jos North and South, which took effect by 8 p.m.
- Osun State imposed a curfew which took effect from 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday.
- Imo State also imposed a curfew from midnight
Meanwhile, other states have set up a Judicial panel of inquiry as directed by the National Economic Council. Among the States are Rivers, Ondo, Ebonyi, Kwara, and Adamawa.
Oyo State Government broke from the norms of imposing curfew as the state Governor, deploys security men to guide protesters and ensure their peaceful protest isn’t hijacked.