Fast-rising Nollywood actor, Karibi Fubara is dead.
His sister, Stella Ibiene Fubara, Director International Operations, Dubai announced his death in a series of posts on social media.
Taking to Twitter, she also said “My brother, Karibi Fubara, has joined the ancestral realm. I’m devastated, but not hopeless. He lived fully and with joy. Left a great body of work. Will be a powerful ancestor. I love you, #ChiefBlack.“
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Lewy Body Dementia: Watch-out For These Symptoms If Above 50Yrs
Here are some things to know about the late actor;
1. Many don’t know that Karibi was also a director and producer. However, he is popular for his roles in nollywood’s Before 30, Smart Money Woman, Quam money, God’s calling, and Netflix series, Castle and Castle.
2. He was happily married to popular Nollywood fashion entrepreneur and celebrity stylist, Yolanda Okereke. The duo tied the knot in 2019.
3. The actor was diagnosed with a large mid-stage kidney tumor/cancer in 2020
4. Last May, the actor celebrated a successful surgery in a lengthy post on his Instagram. He had said, “So it’s been a month of tremendous revelation and rebirths in my life as I was told around Easter (2020) that I had a large mid-stage kidney tumor/cancer, and on May 3rd (2020), I had a very successful surgery remove about 90 percent of the tumor. I am now home resting, reborn, and learning to live again. “I am beyond grateful to my amazing family and lifelong friends, that stepped up to relentlessly wage the spiritual and physical battles needed to support me through this”, he added.
5. His net worth was $600,000