A staff of Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH) hospital, Ogbomoso has refuted the news that one of the school’s student died as a result of its refusal to attend to the student.
The staff of the hospital who remains anonymous has made clarification on the incident that happened on Thursday April 22, 2021.
The staff stated that truely the boy was electrocuted and fell into the soak-away and brought into the hospital, but was brought in already dead. Debunking the news that the hospital refused to attend to him on arrival.
Recall that TheNewsBeam reported that a final year student of the Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso (LAUTECH), was reported dead after the medical personnel on duty allegedly said they had to get a call from the Dean of Students Affairs before attending to him.
According to report, Asefon Nifemi Benard, student of the Department of Animal Nutrition and Biotechnology, fell into the soak-away after suffering an electric shock while attempting to switch on electricity on Thursday April 22, 2021.