By Waliu Adeyeri
Laylatul Qadr is a night known as the Night of Wonders, Night of Majesty, Night of Destiny, Night of Decree, and Night of Power.
What is Special about Laylatul Qadr?
It is a night in the last 10 days of Ramadan that the first Surah of the Quran was revealed to the Prophet (S.A.W.)
On the night of Majesty, the angels shall descend to the earth by the permission of Allah (God) to accept prayers.
It was also revealed to the Prophet that the Night of Power is better than a thousand months.
When is Laylatul Qadr?
The precise date of the Night of Wonders is not known to mankind. But it falls only in the last 10 days of Ramadan. Scholars have argued that it falls on the odd days in the last 10 days of Ramadan (21, 23, 25, 27, 29).
For this reason, Muslim faithfuls around the world search for the Night of Wonders during the last 10 days of Ramadan.
How to Search for Laylatul Qadr
As stated above, the specific night among is unknown to mankind. How do we search for the night? How do we be among the fortunate ones whose prayers would be answered and destiny would be changed for good?
1) Seek forgiveness: One of the factors that hinders the acceptance of prayers is sin. The first thing you should inculcate these last 10 nights is seeking forgiveness from God. Say this prayer continuously throughout the 10 days: “Allahumma inaka afuwun tuhibul afwan, faa fu a ni.”
2) Consider All Night Special: Since the specific night is not known, Muslim faithfuls are expected to consider all the night in the last 10 days of Ramadan as special.
3) Pray More: You must have been praying since the start of the holy month. The last ten days is when you really need to intensify your dua, vigil (tahajud).
4) Read the Holy Quran: During this days, intensify your Quran recitation. If you cannot read listen and pay attention to the recitation of the holy Quran. Click this link to know the tips to complete the holy Quran.
5) Avoid distractions: Another thing that could make you miss the Night of Majesty is getting distracted during your special moment with your Creator. Keep your phone away, do not rest on the wall during your prayers, to avoid sleeping.