A 18-year-old girl reportedly dies from electrocution, after her home was struck by lightning, while she was using her charging mobile phone.
According to report, the 18-year-old identified as Radja Ferreira de Oliveira was plugging her phone in the main socket at her house in Santarem, Brazil, when it was hit by lightning on Sunday, August 29, 2021.
Following the strike by the lightning, she received a severe electric shock and passed out.
Radja was said to have received first aid treatment from her family, after which they called for emergency services, and then rushed her to the hospital.
Unfortunately, she was pronounced dead on arrival.
Following Radja’s death, experts have again warned of risks of using a mobile phone while it is charging.
They warned against it as Radja was the third person to be electrocuted in the Brazilian state of Para last week.