706,189 illegal admissions have been given by universities, Colleges of Education, and polytechnics across Nigeria in three years.
The Registrar, Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), Prof. Is-haq Oloyede disclosed this at the Consultative Sensitization Meeting with Select Stakeholders in Abuja.
According to Oloyede, between 2017 and 2020, 114 universities gave out 67.795 illegal admissions and 137 polytechnics gave 489,918.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Why 2022 WASSCE Will Hold In May, Not August – WAEC
The Registrar further noted that 80 Colleges of Education were responsible for 142, 818 and 37 other institutions recorded 5,678 cases.
The agency revealed that of the 114 Universities, the top indicted institutions are:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: How To Protect Phones From New Virus That Steals Banking Details
- University of Jos (7,600)
- Benue State University (6,171)
- Olabisi Onabanjo University (5,669)
- Kwara State University (4, 281)
- Novena University (3,432)
- University of Nigeria Nsukka (2,732)
- Imo State University(2,330)
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (2,732)
- University of Calabar (2,074)
- NTA Television College (1,934)
- Baze University (1,717)
- Oduduwa University (1,450)
- Kaduna State College of Education (1,417)
- Tai Solarin University of Education (1,101)
- Al-qalam University (1,062)
- Gombe State University(1,017)