Nigerians have called for action against Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, hours after the release of the Lagos Panel of Investigation report on last October’s Lekki shootings.
The panel was constituted by the Lagos State Government to investigate the events that took place at the popular Lekki Toll Gate on October 20, 2020, during the EndSARS protest.
The Federal and state government had vehemently denied that there was no massacre and insisted that no life was lost when the men of the Nigerian Army stormed the protest ground to disperse protesters. However, the recent report released by the panel proves that the arguments of the government might hold no water as it indicted the police and soldiers of youths during the protest.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: “We counted 15 bodies” Dj Switch opens up about the Lekki Shooting
This recent development has attracted several reactions from Nigerians on the internet space with some demanding the next line of action by the government.
Political commentator and entrepreneur, Morris Monye said, “If there is any justice, there should be an international warrant of arrest for Sanwo-Olu after his tenure”.
In a separate post, he wrote, “The utter shamelessness which might surpass the shamelessness of all times (FFK) will be Jide Sanwo-Olu seeking re-election in 2023 despite all this mess”. “But I won’t be surprised”, he continued. “Nigerian Politicians are the wickedest, most shameless people on Jehovah’s earth”, Morris concluded.
Social media influencer, Jamal JajaPHD, also noted, “Ordinarily, Sanwo-Olu should kiss his 2023 ambition goodbye. Ordinarily.”
Influencer and Chef, with the username, Itsthelazychef opined that Sanwo-olu hands in his resignation letter. He wrote: “In a sane country, Governor Jide Sanwo Olu would tender his resignation letter first this morning. #EndSARS”
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Lekki Shooting: CNN Releases Evidences To Refute Nigerian Army Claims
Medical doctor, Dr.Olufunmilayo also called for the arrest of the governor. He said, “Submitting that #endSARS report to Sanwo is like giving an armed robbery report to Shina Rambo”.
“Jide Sanwo Olu is a willing active participator in that violent bloody massacre of those innocent victims murdered last year. IF Nigeria was sane, SanwoOlu himself should be in jail”.
Fisayo Soyombo, an investigative journalist also said: “Now that the panel set up by the government has confirmed #LekkiMassacre, it’s time to demand action against Babajide Sanwo-Olu and Muhammadu Buhari”.
“Those who ordered the attack on #EndSARS protesters, including the governments under which it happened, should be brought to book”, he added.
The #EndSARS protest saw youths across Nigeria kick against police brutality and bad governance in the country in October 2020.
Leave a Reply