Nigeria’s mining sector recorded a 25.3 million tons increase in production in 2021, with Limestone, Granite, and Laterite as the top three minerals mined during the year.
Furthermore, Ogun state led the mineral production chart accounting for 36 per cent of total production during the year.
Disclosing this in the Mineral Production (2021) Statistics, Nigeria Bureau of Statistics, said: “The aggregate production of mineral products in Nigeria in 2021 grew by 39.19% from 64.29 million tons recorded in 2020 to 89.48 million tons in 2021, indicating an improvement in production.
“On state profile analysis, Ogun state recorded the highest production in 2021 with 32.04 million tons, followed by Kogi with 18.40 million tons and Cross River with 11.64 million tons. The least was recorded in Borno with 231 tons. Moreover, Limestone, Granite, and Laterite were the three biggest minerals mined in 2021.”
The NBS also revealed that Limestone recorded the highest production of 44.7 million tons representing 50 percent of the total production for 2021. Granite came second with 22.3 million tons or 25 percent, followed by Laterite and Sand with 7.3 million tones or 8.2 per cent and 1.66 million tones or 1.9 per cent of total production respectively.
- Why Marriage Helps People Generate More Wealth
- How to earn 10% interest on your Small Savings
- EXCLUSIVE! 5 Locations for Quality Children’s Clothes at Good Price in Lagos
- How I turned my “small” travel blog to a 6-figure business-Female Blogpreneur
- 10 Lucrative Side Hustles to Support your Business
- (Video) e-Naira: Youths in dancing competition in market awareness Campaign