Not less than 30 lives have been lost and at least 200 cars destroyed through violence that erupted on #EndSARS protest sites. However, the twist is that these violence were not perpetrated by protesters, but by hoodlums in guise of protesters who hijacked the demonstrations and used it for their ulterior motives. These suspected hoodlums and street urchins, took their violence to a new level by burning attacking police stations in some locations. Investigations showed that eight police stations have been burnt in the last 24 hours. Here is the list of the affected police stations:
- In Edo State, on Monday, 19 October, 2020, three police posts were attacked and burnt down. They include:
- Ugbekun Police Station,
- Oba Market Police Station
- Idogbo Police Station
- In the centre of excellence, Lagos State the Police Stations that were attacked on Tuesday, 20 October, 2020 are:
- Pako Police Station, in the Amukoko area of the state
- Layeni police station around Ajegunle
- Orile-Iganmu Police Station
3.In Oyo State, one Police Station was attacked in Ojoo area of Ibadan on Tuesday, 20 October 2020.
4. In the nation’s capital, Abuja, Dutse Makaranta Police Station in the Kubwa was also set ablaze on Tuesday, 20 October, 2020
Meanwhile, The Nigerian Police Force has not been quiet about this occurrences. A statement was released through the Police official twitter account to reveal the actions being taken to manage the situation.