Two siblings, Bala Caleb Abdulkarim and Ayuba Bala, and 16 others have been arrested for internet (Yahoo Yahoo) fraud by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.
The other fraudsters arrested are Adebayo Olubunmi, Yusuf Salawu, Victor Yakubu, Victor Udeh, Abutu Francis, Moses Akeji, Aiyegbe ThankGod, Eniola Adeniji, Abraham Ayodele, Julius Omowale, Samuel Onojah, Saka Usman Ojo, Isaac Emmanuel, Yusuf Mohammed, Ibrahim Musa and Omaonu Ojochenemi Victor.
According to the EFCC in a statement, the arrest was made in Lokoja, Kogi State by the Ilorin Zonal Command of the Commission
“This is the second such operation in the State within the last two months. Operatives of the Ilorin Zonal Command of the EFCC, had in June 2022 arrested 19 suspected fraudsters at different locations in Lokoja.
“The latest arrest, which was made on Wednesday, August 3, 2022 followed actionable intelligence received by the Commission.
“Preliminary investigations have shown that the suspects operate as a syndicate to scam unsuspecting victims.
“The suspected ‘Yahoo-Yahoo Boys’, had incriminating items in their possession including five different brands of exotic cars, phones and laptops. They have volunteered statements to the Commission and will be charged to court upon the conclusion of the ongoing investigations”, said the EFCC.
- Naira depreciation: Nigeria to record highest inflation rate in 16yrs -Financial Derivatives Company
- Nigeria’s mining sector records 25.3m tons increase in production
- Why Marriage Helps People Generate More Wealth
- How to earn 10% interest on your Small Savings
- EXCLUSIVE! 5 Locations for Quality Children’s Clothes at Good Price in Lagos
- How I turned my “small” travel blog to a 6-figure business-Female Blogpreneur
- 10 Lucrative Side Hustles to Support your Business
- (Video) e-Naira: Youths in dancing competition in market awareness Campaign