By Koffi Raphael
The group stage draw for the 2021/22 Champions League season was held in Istanbul Turkey on Thursday, with the 32 clubs in this year’s competition learning their fate.
Barcelona and Atletico Madrid have very tough group stages ahead, Villarreal will need to go up against Manchester United again, Real Madrid have an almost identical draw to last year and Sevilla will feel optimistic about their chances of returning to the competition’s knockout rounds.
One of the most difficult groups is Group A, where Manchester City and PSG will go up against each other. Should Cristiano Ronaldo complete his rumoured move to the English champions, we could see the latest chapter of the No.7’s eternal battle with Lionel Messi.
This is the 2021/22 Champions League group stage draw in full:
- Group A: Manchester City, PSG, RB Leipzig, Club Brugge
- Group B: Atletico Madrid, Liverpool, Porto, AC Milan
- Group C: Sporting CP, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax, Besiktas
- Group D: Inter, Real Madrid, Shakhtar Donetsk, Sheriff Tiraspol
- Group E: Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Benfica, Dynamo Kyiv
- Group F: Villarreal, Manchester United, Atalanta, Young Boys
- Group G: Lille, Sevilla, RB Salzburg, Wolfsburg
- Group H: Chelsea, Juventus, Zenit, Malmo