Veteran Nollywood actress, Rachel Tabuno Oniga, has passed on at age 64.
According to a source, she died from COVID-19 complications on Friday, July 30.
Here are things to know about the late actress:
– She was born on 23rd May 1957 in Ebute Metta, Lagos State.
– Originally she is from Eku, Delta State in Southern Nigeria
– Rachael became a grandmother when her daughter Georgia delivered a baby.
– She began her acting career in 1993, shortly after her divorce.
– She worked briefly at Ascoline Nigeria Limited, a Dutch Consultant Company before her first movie
– Her first movie is titled Onome and her debut Yoruba movie was Owo Blow.
– Over the years, Oniga has featured in notable Nigerian films such as Sango, a movie scripted by Wale Ogunyemi, produced and directed by Obafemi Lasode and Wale Adenuga’s television series, Super story.
– Rachael Oniga died on 30 July 2021 from COVID-19 complications amid the COVID-19 pandemic in Nigeria